Re: Update of the Integrative Genomics Viewer to version 2.0 ?

Le Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 12:56:01PM -0700, Shaun Jackman a écrit :
> Hi Charles,
>
> I've just uploaded IGV 2.0.6-1.
>
> What do I do with the pristine-tar and meta branches? These branches
> are new to me.

Hi Shaun,

thanks a lot for bringing us IGV 2.0 !

the pristine-tar is a convenience branch that stores information necessary to
re-create a bit-by-bit identical upstream archive (‘.orig.tar.gz’), so that it
avoids problems of hashsum mismatches when uploading Debian revisions (perhaps
you have seen these rejection emails on our maintainer mailing list).  For some
reasons, just doing ‘tar xfvz’ from the upstream branch (ignoring .git, of
course) will not produce exactly the same file on different systems.  The main
helper tool we use to register an ‘upstream’ tarball (in the case of IGV, that
is what the get-orig-source script produces) is ‘git-import-orig’ from the
git-buildpackage toolkit.

The meta branch is more of a personal experiment.  Feel free to ignore it if
it bothers you.  In this branch I store mainly the build logs for each uploaded
versions.  In some cases, I found it very convenient for troubleshooting.  I
also store the signed .changes and .dsc files, but I am less sure how useful
they are.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles