Re: ginkgocadx-2.5.1.0.tgz released. was: (ginkgocadx-2.5.0.1.tgz released)

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 07:06:22PM +0200, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
>>
>> It does not build here. /usr/lib/libpng.so is needed but only
>> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpng.so is available.
>> The multiarch support was added on 19.07. in libpng ...
>
> Same here.  It builds fine on my testing system but fails with the same
> error as reported above.  Besides that I continue to fail seeing a
> reason in this multiarch business and do not know how to circumvent
> such hassle it might be reasonable to wait until ginkgocadx propagated
> in the current version to testing anyway.  Once this happened we might
> try again (any immediate solution is welcome anyway).

Hi Andreas,

This can be solved by rebuilding (or better fixing) vtk and/or insighttoolkit.
Both libraries are exporting their dependencies and force your package
to build against the same path. If the library gets moved around e.g.
from /usr/lib/libpng.so to  /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpng.so you will
get a build error. If you want to fix it you have to touch their
internal cmake code.

The problem exists since a long time and the multiarch project makes
it more visible.

You can read more about it here:

Cheers
Dominique