Re: Fwd: [openhealth] OpenGALEN and OpenEHR

On 07/03/2011 09:27 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
Does anyone knows about projects related to ontologies ? Here is the
original email (*).

There is a series of tools helping with data for GeneOntology-like databases.
I had a look at packaging OBOEdit, but this (as usual for Java based tools)
comes with a series of libraries that are still missing and ... it is more
than an afternoon.

Protege is of interest, too. We have a package for its reasoner Fact++,
due to be updated, admittedly.

On the analysis front there is lots e.g. in BioConductor.

It would indeed be nice to bring all the medical and bioinformatics sides of ontologies
together. And Open Source communities can certainly also add quite some content
to it all, too. Actually, having those tools around to locally extend public
ontologies with some local domain knowledge that eventually is fed back to the
database maintainers (post publication or "when it is ready") is well worth to
think about a bit longer.

Steffen