TM-align for Debian

Dear Yang,

Today at the Debian-Med bioinformatics sprint we have worked on adding
your TM-align software to the Debian GNU/Linux distribution.  This will
allow Debian or Ubuntu users to discover and install the software
directly from their package manager, and will also help users who want
to perform TM-align analysis as part of the T-Coffee tool and similar
pipelines.  The new package should now appear in the main Debian archive
within a few days.

I see that TM-align is being actively maintained.  Debian-Med
maintainers will continue to add new versions of the script to the
Debian archive as they become available.  The source file currently
contains a brief licence statement saying that it may be freely modified
and redistributed so long as the notice is maintained, but ideally we
hope that you could assign a full open source license to the code.  This
would clarify that there are no limitations on who may use the code, and
what restrictions apply to the distribution of compiled versions (eg.
that source must be included).  Assigning a recognised OSS license to
each package is very useful to us in Debian for auditing purposes.
Popular choices include the GPL (www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html), BSD
(www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php) and Artistic (as used by
Perl) (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/artistic-license-2.0).

Are you able to assign an OSI-recognised license to TM-align?

Thankyou for making this software available to the community.

Best regards,

Tim Booth

--
Of course I'm a technophobe; I program computers for a living!