Re: Creation of new task Bio-NGS

Le Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 03:48:45PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

>   1. Simple and dirty "solution":
>
>   2. Missuse the Blends framework and fake a hierarchy
>
>   3. The hard split

Hi Andreas and everybody,

we just published a nice article about Debian Med in BMC bioinformatics, so I
would like to hope that it will attract more users towards us. Although I
was much in the mood for creating a ‘Science/Biology’ blend five years ago,
I think that you were right when you asked me to work in Debian Med instead.

The new NGS task is just great. I do not see a problem if they are redundant,
as long as there are enough people to scrutinize their contents.

The Blends concept is still far from its full potential. If one day it is
present at more levels, from the Debian Installer to the Debian artwork, the
default browser bookmarks, etc., then a more fine graining with more Blends may
be benefical. But for the moment, with a twist of communication, a NGS task can
do as well as a NGS Blend, in my opinion.

This said, if there is a core of enthousiasts who want to go for it, I will
not discourage them. And there are preliminary packages on git.debian.org that
are waiting for them :)

PS: shall I prepare a news entry for the Debian Med pages on www.debian.org,
saluting the creation of the new task ?

Cheers,