Re: MediSnap - GPLv3 medical photo system - just released

> > So this would probably the only dependencies. What i don't know is
> > whether i should automatically create the database (which password?) or
> > if a simple README with instructions and the sql init file would be
> > enough? What's the preferred way to do this?
>
> As I suggested in the other mail dbcommon-config might be a reasonable
> choice.  However, to keep things simple in the beginning of the
> packaging I would concentrate on moving all files right into place first
> (for instance providing some SQL scripts in /var/lib/medisnap) and
> describe the procedure how to setup the database in debian/README.Debian.
> Once this is done we might proceede with more advanced techniques while
> enabling the first testers using the package with manual database setup.

GNUmed does this with its server package and that works very well.

That way users have the freedom to install the package and create
the database when they see fit.

A shell script which creates the current database with one simple
command is a nice touch (GNUmed uses gm-bootstrap_server).

Karsten