Re: gnumed-client config file

Hi Sebastian,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 09:13:58PM +0100, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> I guess you have seen that one coming.

:-(

> Just converted your gnumed-client package from Debian to Ubuntu. When I
> started the client only one plugin showed up (but fortunately both a reference
> to the public and local database).
>
> This is because the line
>
> GNUmed Default
>
>  is still commented.
>
> for openSUSE I uncomment it with this patch (it is the job of the package
> maintainer).
>
> The patch might need an update and renaming but you get the idea.

Yep, it is perfectly clear what needs to be done.  However, I would like
to fix this issue which comes up at every major GNUmed release for the
future as well.  In private mails I several times asked for a way that
more competent people than me should maintain this file.

I think it is the best idea if we as packagers (you for Ubuntu and me
for Debian) work in the same packaging repository.  So please ask for an
login at alioth.debian.org and apply for the Debian Med project
(alternatively tell me your login name).  Than you can commit your
packaging stuff (feel free to commit your Ubuntu changelog as well -
this is the usual way others do as well).  This is the safest way to
organise that we are using the same working files.