Re: cellprofiler

Ivo, Mathieu,

On 12/09/2011 10:50 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Ivo Maintz <ivo@maintz.de> wrote:
>> after spending some time by packaging cellprofiler myself, I discovered
>> your (not finished) package. What do you think about merging our
>> approaches? I mainly got it working (in fact, cellprofiler is starting,
>> but I didn't made deeper tests of it).
> wow !!! very very impressive, how do you got around issue described in the ITP:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=647995#19
>
> The battle was raging on debian-python, about how best to solve this
> issue. So I am very interested in how you manage to get it working. As
> a side note Thouis is acutally working on patching upstream to
> incorporate Zbigniew suggestions.
>> Should I put my staff in the svn, or should I send you my debian
>> directory?
> Could you upload it on mentors ? Or somewhere I can see your .dsc. If
> this is working maybe we can report that upstream.
At some point we should write another paper about what Debian Med is
doing. Threads like these well cover the technical side of it all. I am
very happy to read such. Have many thanks for your pan-institutional
constructiveness.

Ivo will attend the Southport meeting. Mathieu, have you considered
attending as well? You could possibly work on CellProfiler together and
find out what other shared interests you have.

Best,

Steffen