How to proceed

Hi

Thanks Olivier and Andreas, both, ssh and svn co
svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk work very well now. I
can even commit changes.

When I had a look at the other projects, I noticed, that I
probably did everything wrong. )-:

For the Fortran program tm-align I followed
http://wiki.debian.org/IntroDebianPackaging.  I created a source
package using debuild -us -uc. The directory structure looked like the
ones in the svn directory, but finally I realized that tm-align
already existed. Someone is already working on it. )-: Nevertheless,
it was a good training.

For the other programs I followed
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Debian-Binary-Package-Building-HOWTO/
since being Java-programs they are architecture independent and
do not need compilation.  Here I created the dot deb files with
fakeroot dpkg-deb -b. Was it a mistake not creating a source
package?

My directories look different to those on the svn server because
it is not a source package.  For example I wrote DEBIAN/control
files but no debian/rules files.

THE QUESTION:

Do I need to change all java based packages and
create source packages in the same style as
/srv/home/groups/pkg-escience/htdocs/debian/?

SECOND QUESTION:

On alioth in /srv/home/groups/pkg-escience/htdocs/debian I find dot
deb files for example for biojava. How did these files get there?

find  /srv/home/groups/pkg-escience/htdocs | fgrep biojava

Where do I find the dot deb file for tm-align?

Regards

Christoph
P.S.

The packages I am working on are stored in
http://www.bioinformatics.org/strap/debian/ They are already
working and above URL can be added to /etc/apt/sources.list for testing
.