Re: µManager update

yes, I'm maintaining the linux port of this program as well as possible. it's not an easy package; it depends on source code that can only be retrieved under NDA with highly questionable redistributability. it integrates with imagej and the version of imagej included in debian should outright be removed (FIJI supersedes it and they keep packages in their own repo). some of the libraries for micromanager require kernel modules and need DKMS optimally.

short story, I would stay away from micromanager until the project and dependencies matures more upstream. you're welcome to help with that; the current debian packaging scripts are in micromanager SVN in portdebian/ . it would be nice if some of the non-free microscopy drivers on which micromanager depends were turned into DKMS packages first.

another helpful thing would be to upgrade the video4linux integration to support streaming.

THE most helpful thing would be to reverse engineer some of the microscope hardware and implement the codes into micromanager. for the serial bus driven hardware this is in fact very easy, you just need to get in touch with a lab that has the hardware in question. currently some hardware require micromanager to run in windows and this is by far the biggest obstacle we have. if all hardware was reverse engineered then packaging would be much easier/possible.

/Johan