Re: Status of jai-imageio-core

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 02:21:21PM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/jai-core

I have builded this package successfully.  It has a lintian warning
about wrong DEP5 syntax which probably should be fixed.  Regarding the
license content you mentioned that it is non-free anyway (no commercial
use).  The fact that even the source is non-free might lead to the
decision to not care for the availabillity of providing the source for
the binary mlibwrapper stuff, right?  While this is no real restriction
license wise it restricts the use of the package to only two
architectures (i386 and amd64) which is a bit sad.  Do you see any chance
to obtain the source code also for mlibwrapper_jai?

BTW, lintian informs about a missing watch file.  Do you think it would
make sense writing?  Hint:  In jam-lib package I tried a watch file
which reports new SVN commits - perhaps this is somehow applicable, but
I'll leave the decision to you.

Did you contacted debian-java or was the effort to sponsor the package
stalled why I was on vacation?

> http://mentors.debian.net/package/jai-imageio-core

I will check once jai-core checks are finished.

> If someone could test them on x86, that would be great !

This question remains open.

Kind regards and many thanks for working on this because it is a
precondition for several other very interesting medical imaging stuff
written in Java