Re: PAML

Hi Pjotr,

On 10/02/2011 02:29 PM, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> The PAML description says now:

>  PAML is a package of programs for phylogenetic analyses of DNA or
>  protein sequences using maximum likelihood.
>  .
>  PAML is not good for tree making. It may be used to estimate parameters
>  and test hypotheses to study the evolutionary process, when you have
>  reconstructed trees using other programs such as PAUP*, PHYLIP, MOLPHY,
>  PhyML, RaxML, etc.
>
> The second paragraphi, even though on PAML's website, is not
> completely accurate. I don't think it belongs in the general package
> description. If every package said what it is not...

Have many thanks for this. You have changed that in your debian-med
svn checkout, right? If so, please commit, so I am not producing any
unnecessary conflict between our versions. Prior to the commit please
also inform the changelog with

  [ -x /usr/bin/dch ] || apt-get install devscripts
  dch -i "Improved long description."
  sed -i '1s/unstable/UNRELEASED/' debian/changelog

The change will then be part of the next upload. I typically wait
for some functional change (new version or bug fix) before uploading
anything. Just tell me though if you want this to materialise on the
servers any earlier.

Best,

Steffen