Re: any volunteer for packaging "reduce" ?

On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 09:18:08PM +0200, Karolina Kalic wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 18:49, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
>
> Should we really be interested for something that is 3 years old? I
> just want to know about policy of Debian Med for this? I think that we
> shouldn't keep software that is dead upstream in Debian, except for
> some dependency reason. But, that is just my opinion, correct me if
> I'm wrong.

Well, some scientific programs might just be "finished" and need no
further changes, so just because it has not been further developped
doesn't mean it shouldn't go in.

That said, I know not enough about reduce to say whether this is the
case or if it would need major attention by the Debian maintainer,
essentially forking it.

Michael