Re: omero-clients -- Clients to connect to the omero server

Hi Johan,

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Johan Henriksson <mahogny@areta.org> wrote:
> yes, I follow up with the omero project. it's the thing Everyone in
> biological imaging should be using, and there is no real competition to what
> they are doing (nothing that impresses me). a debian package is most welcome
> but it has to be kept very up to date to be worth it (the usual time cycles
> in debian would be too slow). one thing to remember though: the client
> version should be kept in synch with the server version so it would be worth
> packing both in that case. also for this reason people might locally want to
> have their own update site (instead of debian) to ensure compatibility. but
> either way, go for it!

I see. Nice to know in advance. In this case we should follow what
other package are doing for -say- postgresql-?.? package

> to package omero client you should first look into packaging the bio-formats
> library. I'm not sure about other dependencies but this is a big one that
> deserves it's own package.

I saw that too. I started working on it:

svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/bio-formats

However I am already struggling with ant, I am more of a C++ guy, that
a java guy...

--
Mathieu