Re: outdated list of packages in tasks

Hi Karolina,

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 01:56:48AM +0200, Karolina Kalic wrote:
> While looking for package that I might maintain, I discovered a large
> amount of packages/programs which status should be changed. Some of
> them are listed as work in progress, but haven't seen much work for
> quite some time, some of them are upstream outdated, and they should
> be removed from the list (by my opinion), and so on. I am willing to
> check this thoroughly, and make a list of the things that should be
> changed. But, I wanted to ask first if my work would be
> appreciated/changes applied.

This work would be *very* appreciated and I would really love if you
would care for this.  In case you might be unsure you can ask here on
this list or you might also just add a "Remark:" field to the tasks file
which explains the status more detailes (examples can be found inside
the tasks file and the web sentinel part of the documentation[1]).

I just added you to the Debian Pure Blends team which grants you
permission to commit changes in SVN (not only for Debian Med but to all
Blends maintained there - Debian Edu is maintained separately).

Once you are doing so you could also try to include brainworkshop
as you suggested in your other mail.  I'm in favour to also include
software which fits in a wider sense - perhaps we just add it as
"Suggests" to some tasks.  The problem mighht be to find or even
create a task which fits properly.

Feel free to ask if something remains unclear and do not hesitate to
change things - I'm watching the commits and will intervene in case it
might be needed.

Kind regards and thanks for your support

     Andreas.

[1] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/blends/ch-sentinel.en.html