Re: [PyHealthcare] ANN: python-hl7 0.2.0

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 06:49:27AM -0500, John Paulett wrote:

> I just submitted an ITP to package python-hl7 for Debian.

Thanks !

I CCed the Debian Med mailing list so the relevant people
learn of this right away.

> A few things would need to happen to merge https://github.com/lkcl/hl7:
> - That repo is not a typical git/hg fork, but rather is a fresh git
> init based off of the 0.1.1 tar file.  The changes would need to be
> rebased upon the mainline.
> - There are no unit tests that I can find (the ones that existed in
> the 0.1.1 code base are gone).  I would ideally like to seem pretty
> high test coverage
> - It appears that 2k+ XML files from Mirth are included in the
> references/ folder.  Mirth being an MPL license, I believe we need to
> discuss (at least document better) the impact of adding this to a
> BSD-licensed project.

I see. Obviously I don't know enough about that code.

Does it parse the XML at runtime or once for creating Python
code ?

If the latter one could just not add the XML but only parse
it and merge the output. Would that work ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346