Anybody in contact with the wxWidgets team?

Hello,

the requests for updates of wxWidgets are rather long standing with
pointers to reverse dependencies by rather prominent tools. Upstream
seems to be very Debian/Ubuntu-friendly
http://wiki.wxpython.org/InstallingOnUbuntuOrDebian
and Ubuntu has the packages already.

Is there anybody on the list working with the wxWidgets team already to
communicate our needs? I am too often spammed with bug reports that
don't affect my packages (the downside of shared maintenance) that I
miss the important ones. They might just have missed it. WxWidgets I
happpen to use it for the packages BOINC and GENtle. But I truly don't
see any chance to get myself working with it directly.

Many greetings

Steffen