Re: Plastimatch second attempt

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 04:51:00PM -0700, Gregory Sharp wrote:
> (1) Lintian is now warning-free.  I did have a spelling conflict
> between DEBFULLNAME and changelog (how did you know that Mathieu?)

It is easy to know for Mathieu (and other people with some experience)
because the lintian warning is typical for this effect.  Then you simply
compare changelog and control from SVN and see the difference in name
spelling ...

> (2) Execute permissions fixed in svn.

Thanks.

> (3) Regarding 3rd party libraries, I removed the ones which are
> either not needed, or debian packages already exist.

I tried to build the package in a pbuilder environment and noticed that
there are several missing dependencies.  Here is the relevant extract
from the build log:

-- Looking for fortran compiler - found.
-- Looking for brcc
-- Looking for brook includes
-- Looking for brook libraries
-- Looking for brook - not found.
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H - found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Found Threads: TRUE
-- Could NOT find ZLIB (missing:  ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Looking for ZLIB - not found
-- Could NOT find ZLIB (missing:  ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR ZLIB_LIBRARY)
-- Could NOT find PNG (missing:  PNG_LIBRARY PNG_PNG_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Looking for PNG - not found
-- Could NOT find TIFF (missing:  TIFF_LIBRARY TIFF_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Looking for TIFF - not found
-- Looking for SSL - not found
-- Looking for dcmtk - not found.
-- Etags targets added.
-- Could NOT find FANN (missing:  FANN_LIBRARY FANN_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find LIBLBFGS (missing:  LIBLBFGS_LIBRARY LIBLBFGS_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find NLOPT (missing:  NLOPT_LIBRARY NLOPT_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find OPENCL (missing:  OPENCL_LIBRARY OPENCL_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find OpenGL (missing:  OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY)
-- Check for compiler OpenMP support...
-- Looking for omp_get_thread_num
-- Looking for omp_get_thread_num - found
-- OpenMP flags "-fopenmp", OpenMP libraries ""
-- Could NOT find SQLITE (missing:  SQLITE_LIBRARY SQLITE_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- SSE2_FLAGS "-msse2 -mfpmath=sse"
-- Subversion was not found.
-- Could NOT find wxWidgets (missing:  wxWidgets_FOUND)
-- Looking for Qt4 - not found
-- Looking for getopt_long
-- Looking for getopt_long - found
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:325 (add_subdirectory):
  add_subdirectory given source "libs/sqlite-3.6.21" which is not an existing
  directory.

-- CUDA Build Level: ALL Compute Capabilities
-- BUILD_SHARED_LIBS: OFF
-- Could NOT find SLICER (missing:  Slicer_DIR)
-- BUILD_SHARED_LIBS: OFF
-- Looking for Slicer - not found
-- Looking for wxWidgets - not found.
-- Looking for Matlab - not found.
-- Looking for Octave - not found.
-- VTK not found.  Set the VTK_DIR cmake cache entry to the directory containing VTKConfig.cmake.  This is either the root of the build tree, or PREFIX/lib/vtk for an installation.  For VTK 4.0, this is the location of UseVTK.cmake.  This is either the root of the build tree or PREFIX/include/vtk for an installation.
VTK not found in GDCM_VTK_DIR="".
-- GDCM version 2.0.17 found
-- VTK not found.  Set the VTK_DIR cmake cache entry to the directory containing VTKConfig.cmake.  This is either the root of the build tree, or PREFIX/lib/vtk for an installation.  For VTK 4.0, this is the location of UseVTK.cmake.  This is either the root of the build tree or PREFIX/include/vtk for an installation.
-- Fortran compiler = /usr/bin/gfortran
-- GPUIT_LIB_LDFLAGS: -fopenmp -ldl
-- GPUIT_EXE_LDFLAGS: -fopenmp -ldl
-- PLMCUDA_EXE_LDFLAGS: -fopenmp -ldl
CMake Warning at src/plastimatch/CMakeLists.txt:663 (message):
  Plastimatch is built with GDCM 2.X -- some functions disabled.

-- PLASTIMATCH_LIBS: plastimatch1;ITKAlgorithms;ITKStatistics;ITKFEM;gpuit;lbfgs;nocedal;plmsys;specfun;/usr/lib/libfftw3f.so;/usr/lib/libfftw3.so;gfortran;-lm
dh_auto_configure: cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=RELEASE -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH:BOOL=ON -DBUILD_DEBIAN:BOOL=ON returned exit code 1
make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_configure] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/plastimatch-1.5.0'
make: *** [build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
E: Failed autobuilding of package

Feel free to ask for help if you have no idea about how to specify those
Build-Depends and how to test the build in a clean pbuilder environment.
To get some first help you should probably have a look into the Debian
Med policy[1].

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html