Re: launchpad question

Le Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 11:23:45AM +0200, Olivier Sallou a écrit :

> To make it available on current version, I tried to repackage it using a
> different version (-0).  However, when using dput, I have an email error
> telling me that orig file is already in Primary archive.  How can I ask to
> build existing data on a previous release?

i Olivier,

it is a bit difficult to answer without knowing which package you are working
on, but my guess is that if you use a debian revision number lower than 1, then
the Debian changes file (‘.changes’) will contain an entry for the original
upstream tarball (‘.orig.tar.gz|bz2’), and if in your PPA or in Ubuntu there is
already a source package using this tarball, the upload will be rejected.  The
solution is then to pass -sd at the generation of the source package, or to
delete the entry by hand before signing your upload.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,