Re: rev 6863 (Re: Ginkgo-CADx package - was: Install on ubuntu 10.04.2 or debian 6)

Am Freitag, 3. Juni 2011, 13:54:29 schrieb Charles Plessy:
> Le Mon, May 30, 2011 at 08:07:48PM +0200, Thorsten Alteholz a écrit :
> > There are about 1800 files to be checked.
> > Are there any tools to make this task a bit easier?
>
> Dear Thorsten,
>
> I routinely use grep -i -f, with a pattern file containing this:
>
> copyr
> autho
> licen
> redis
> (c)
>
> Have a nice day,

Is there any special formatting or is it more or less "mention license(s) for
any file distributed in the package" ?

Looking at some other packages I found that most seem to have a short copy of
the license and state something like.

Some files in this package are licences e.g. GPL
Other files are licensed LGPL
Even other files are licensed Public domain.

Is this enough or is there a need to correlate the files with their license in
the copyright file ?

One way could be to check which libs Ginkgo uses and name those libs and their
license. The files that make up Ginkgo itself could be checked easier and
upstream could give some input on this.

Sebastian