Re: libbam-dev ships sam.h in /usr/include/samtools

On 06/03/2011 11:46 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
Am Freitag, 3. Juni 2011, 11:30:12 schrieb Alex Mestiashvili:
On 05/30/2011 05:43 PM, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
On 05/29/2011 04:50 PM, Charles Plessy wrote:
Dear Alex,

I reviewed the licenses in the sources of Cufflinks and found that
the files under src/locfit are not free, because their license
forbids to make benchmarks…

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-med/cufflinks.git;a=blob;f=de
bian/copyright;h=af50c87d0a97f9db7c35b77e7af3f9ee321d4f69;hb=HEAD

Would you have time to contact the authors of Cufflinks or locfit to
sort out
the situation, or shall we distribute cufflinks in non-free ?

Have a nice day,
Sure , I try to get in touch with locfit authors .

Best regards ,
Alex
Hi Charles and Debian Med ,

I tried to contact the author of locfit , but unsuccessfully .
The author is Catherine Loader , but the email addresses on the website
http://stat.bell-labs.com/project/locfit/index.html
are not valid . I tried to find other addresses  , and wrote a message
but didn't get any answer , so I assume that they also are not valid .
The page you reference states that back in 2002 this person moved
Universities.

You did try the contact detials at

http://sun.case.edu/~jiayang/contact.shtml

?

Hope I did not missunderstand the issue.

Sebastian

I contacted Professor Jiayang Sun and he answered that he isn't the author . ( I'll change cufflink's copyright )
I think that the author is Catherine Loader .
for both emails I could found from the site I got "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:" So , I googled a bit , and found some other emails , but I didn't get any answer for about a week .

Regards ,
Alex