Re: Help needed with cmake (Was: Preparing packages of Ginkgo CAD - a highly requested medical image viewer)

Am Freitag, 6. Mai 2011, 09:14:08 schrieb Mathieu Malaterre:
> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Sebastian Hilbert
>
> <sebastian.hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 6. Mai 2011, 08:40:20 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> >> Hi,
> >>

> >> I would like to repeat my question whether some cmake expert would be
> >>
> >> able to patch the Ginkgo CAD build system to comply with FHS? My
> >>
> >> request for help in [1] was probably a bit hidden.
> >>

> >> If nobody here on this list might be able to help I'd probably ask on
> >>
> >> debian-mentors.
> >>

> >> Kind regards
> >>

> >> Andreas.
> >>

> >> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2011/05/msg00005.html

> > Judging by this [1] Mathieu had some fun back in 2008 when talking about
> >
> > Generating debian package using cmake (take 2)
> >
> > I am new to this subject but is this an issue of cmake producing debian
> > build files vs. doing this manually ?
>
> At that time I wanted to improve the cmake+dpkg situation. Since we
> are on public mailing list, I still believe the situation is still far
> far from a good situation and debian packaging of cmake project still
> involve lots of redundant and boilerplate code that cmake can simply
> forward to dpkg.
>
> Anyway this is another discussion. I have been working on some cmake
> project (GDCM, VXL and Paraview) so I can have a look at the ginko
> package. I simply did not see the initial request.

Any help is appreciated. An if you find something that really should be fixed
upstream please let me know. I believe upstream is reading the mailing list
but in case not I am trying to keep all parties in the loop.

Sebastian