Re: [SRU] perlprimer

[Apologies for managing to miss this when it was originally sent]

On Sun, 2011-03-20 at 18:46 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> A recent update of the perlprimer package corrects a calculation bug (a missing
> part in an equation), and restores some download capacities, after a provider
> site site changed its URL API.
>
> The calculation bug, existed for a while without rendering the package
> unusable.
>
> I therefore wonder: I would like to update perlprimer in Squeeze. Shall I backport
> the URL API fix, or can I simply prepare a full update to the latest release ?
>
> Here is the diff:
>
> http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-med/perlprimer.git;a=commitdiff;h=upstream/1.1.20;hp=upstream/1.1.19

Which sections of the diff are relevant for the API update?  I'm
guessing it's the URL change, the "# Find genes and gene_ids" section
and the "if (/did not match any records in the database/si) {" block?

The upstream diff is somewhat noisy due to removing old commented blocks
and adding new ones, rather than simply removing the code which no
longer works. :-/  (Yay for screen scraping other people's sites)

Regards,

Adam