velvet -> MetaVelvet ?

Hi,

I just commited packaging stuff for the new velvet version in to SVN.
However, I'm hesitating to upload because there is basically a copy
of velvet code with several changes inside the directory

   contrib/MetaVelvet-v0.3.1

While it seems cheap to compile this code as well and ship it in a
package meta-velvet (patches to let this build are just included in the
packaging) I wonder what might be the sense of this directory and
whether it makes sense to ship it as separate binary package.  Any
NGS expert which is able to clarify this issue or do we need to ask
velvet authors?