Re: ensembl_57-7_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into experimental

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 08:52:21AM +0300, George Marselis wrote:
> http://www.bioinformatics.org/wiki/BIOLINUX

In Debian Med are missing on your list:

 - ssaha
   It is just ITPed by Charles:
    http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio#ssaha
   Charles, any news about this package?  The record in our tasks
   file says, that the source is not available.
   George, do you have some clue how to get the source?  This would
   definitely help us packaging it ...

 - VCFtools
   I just added this to our tasks file.

I have a question: On the Wiki pages you are listing VCFtools as

   Packaging status 	 Ongoing

what exactly does this mean.  Perhaps it is a lack of understanding what
bioinformatics.org is doing.  Debian has 6 of 8 programs mentioned on
your page packaged and getting VCFtools might be a matter of time until
somebody might grab this.  Could you please clarify the term packaging
and your relation to the Debian Med project.  We would be happy to help
you for your project - but it seems those package we just have packaged
do not really fit into your concept.

> This is indented to be a list of all the bioinformatics tools we know.

Could you please clarify this "all we know"?  We now a bit more and I
can not believe that you do not so I wonder about the context you are
talking about.