Java packaging experts for Mayam preconditions?

Hi,

I had some look into Mayam and noticed that while we can get rid of some
binary JARs inside the package by prepackaged Debian libraries there is
a fair amount left.  These problematic binaries are:

clibwrapper_jiio.jar
dcm4che-core-2.0.22.jar
dcm4che-filecache-2.0.22.jar
dcm4che-imageio-rle-2.0.23.jar
dcm4che.jar
dcm4che-net-2.0.22.jar
derby.jar
jai_codec.jar
jai_core.jar
jai_imageio.jar
libclib_jiio.so
nimrodlf-1.0.jar
pdf-renderer-1.0.5.jar

I did not made investigations for all these but it seems that those
starting with dcm4che are all available with maven pom files at

   http://www.dcm4che.org/maven2/dcm4che/

So some dedicated Java packager should have no problem with this.

For derby.jar there is at least an ITP (#617425) - perhaps we might ping
the ITPer about the status.

The jai* JAR sources can be found at

   http://code.google.com/p/mapmap/

I found nimrodlf.jar at

   http://personales.ya.com/nimrod/download-en.html

and pdf-renderer at

   http://java.net/projects/pdf-renderer

All projects above seem to be fine regarding licensing.

I was not really lucky in finding the source for clibwrapper_jiio.jar
and libclib_jiio.so (but perhaps this is not needed ??).

So if somebody is interested in getting Mayam packaged it might be a
good idea to start working on those prerequisites.  The most useful
target might be the dcm4che stuff.  If it turns out that it would be too
much work for the moment to get all this packages and we'd rather push
Mayam into non-free for the moment that's probably a reasonable
intermediate step to go - but I wanted to present the work needed to do
first.

Any volunteers?