[SRU] non-free/clustalw and non-free/clustalx relicensed to LGPL-3+.

Dear Stable release team,

the programs Clustal W and Clustal X have been freed last December and
eventually made their way in Wheezy. I wonder if it would be possible to make
them available in Squeeze, that currently contains the old non-free version.

The relicensing was done at the same time as a new upstream release, so it
would be an upgrade as well. However, since the current clustalx and clustalw
packages are not part of Debian, would it really be considered an upgrade ?

I asked upstream their opinion on the consequences of an upgrade, and they
confirmed that the algorithm in the free version of Clustal W and X has not
changed. However the programs will not systematically produce perfectly
identical results as the previous non-free versions—for the good reason that
they actually fixed bugs in this new release. Overall, they recommend to
upgrade.

For clustalw, the jump would be from 2.0.12-1 to 2.1+lgpl-2. For clustalx,
however it would be from 1.83-4 to 2.1+lgpl-1. This corresponds to the
replacement of Motif by Qt for the GUI.

What is your opinion ?

Have a nice Sunday,

--