Re: Looking for a DD to upload mummy

Hi Mathieu,

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 02:36:49PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>   I am looking for a debian-med DD to upload the mummy package. It is
> package in the debian-med svn as usual. And I uploaded a signed copy
> on mentors:

I have checked out SVN and obtained the source via get-orig-source
target.  I added a small change (GZIP="--best --no-name") which has the
purpose to get identical tarballs for any use (which is not ensured
without the --no-name option).

I'm definitely missing a comment about the issue
  "# Use a light weigth version of cableswig"
Please document the rationale in README.source why you can not use the
Debian packaged cableswig.

In general I would try to contact upstream whether they might be able to
provide something like a downloadable tarball or at least a web page
which mentiones the latest upstream version (and the according tag in
git) to enable us to write a proper watch file.  I'm quite keen on
having a watch file for any of our packages to enable us to catch up
with upstream.

The last issue is the copyright file.  Please use the DEP5 format as
described in

    http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/#index7h1

Moreover - as I just pointed out in the seq-gen case - the license is
just BSD license.  Please mention this in the "On Debian GNU/Linux
systems you can find ..." clause.  You will find examples in SVN via

 $ find . -name copyright -exec grep -H common-licenses/BSD \{\} \;

or simply on your hard disk when looking for other examples via

 $ find /usr/share/doc -name copyright -exec grep -H common-licenses/BSD \{\} \;

Kind regards and thanks for working on this