Re: Fwd: Ginkgo CADx XML-RPC support

Hola Carlos,

Sebastian made me aware of the fact that your latest release
includes support for an OsiriX compatible XML-RPC interface.
I must say this is a really brilliant move on your part and
quite an impressive achievement.

The download page

	http://ginkgo-cadx.com/en/download/

says under "requirements for Linux" that "all these
libraries are installed by default on Ubuntu = 8.x".

Now, Healthcare providers can be rather conservative and
Debian/Testing strikes a nice balance between not being "to
old" (like Debian/Stable) and being fairly well tested but
still fresh. As such GNUmed has chosen to use Debian/Testing
as its reference platform (that means: we will fix any bugs
we can under any platform but we only "guarantee" smooth
operation under Debian/Testing - insofar as an Open Source
project can guarantee anything).

Therefore we have suggested to the Debian Med team to look
into packaging Ginkgo CADx for Debian. Debian Med is a
(longstanding, successful) project to inject medical
software into Debian. Their preliminary investigation lead
to the conclusion that some patches are required for some of
the library dependencies.

	http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2011/03/msg00041.html

I wonder whether you might be able to spend a little time to
investigate this claim and perhaps work with us to map out a
plan how to smoothly get Ginkgo CADx into Debian ?   I don't
really expect very many problems because Ubuntu is quite
closely based on Debian.

I have CCed the Debian Med mailing list...

Thanks so much for your help !

Karsten
(on behalf of the GNUmed team)

> We have just released Ginkgo CADx 2.3.0.0. We had implemented some XML-RPC
> Osirix methods (please, see the .pdf atached) and should be as compatible as
> possible (for us, by now).
>
> We also provide a method to dicomize from external images, which (seems to
> us) is one of the most interesting things can be done with Ginkgo CADx.
>
> Please, don't hesitate to contact us for any request, fix or interesting
> features you could need for GNUMed. By the way: Have a look at new
> really-easy-to-use 3D reconstruction support if you could spend a while.
>
> PD: We have meet personally with Red Hat at Cebit 2011 to request Ginkgo to
> be packaged officially. We have not received any answer yet but we expect it
> could be done.
>
> Best regards.
> --
> Carlos Barrales Ruiz.
> carlos.barrales@metaemotion.com
> Móvil: 654807575
> http://www.MetaEmotion.com

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346