Re: Any software package for Radiation Oncology Contouring?

Hello,

thanks for your interest in Debian Med.

On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 02:30:40PM +0530, stereotactic wrote:
> I am a Radiation Oncologist and looking for an option for a contouring
> programme (basically as a part of Treatment Planning System) which can
> be hosted/as part of a module/be run on the desktop.
>
> Basically, it should have a DICOM support, ability to throw up
> information on the Dose Volume Histograms, allow collaborative
> contouring (as part of teaching programmes) and archival options. There
> are some open source solutions (where an attempt has been made to
> integrate the discussions in one thread on the forums here:
> http://www.isocentre.org/forum/t-300932/open-source-treatment-planning-systems).

I have checked this site and added those project I was able to find
a homepage with description to an newly created task page about
oncology[1].  I was not able to find more detailed information about

  openRADART
  Homepage: ???

  TPS
  Homepage: ???

  EduCase
  Homepage: http://www.educase.com/
   -> but is tere any downloadable source code and what exactly does
      the program you get if you compile this code

> Any help or guidance on the same issue would be more than welcome.

I'm afraid that we can not (yet) provide a lot of help for the moment.
The goal of Debian Med is to package all kind of free medical software
to make it easily available in medical care.  So I used your link to
detect potential candidates for packaging in Debian.  From a first look
it seems that dicompyler ist the easiest packaging task (but I might be
wrong here).  So the help we could provide is to build those packages
(or even help you building them by training how to do this properly)
and including it into official Debian and thus enableing also a smooth
propagation to derivatives (Ubuntu and others).

If this sounds attractive to you it would be reasonable to subscribe out
list and inform us about the most wanted targets.  If you or somebody
you might know want to speed up the process a bit it is a very good way
to start with the packaging yourself and ask here for help if any
technical problem might occure.

Kind regards and thanks for your interest

     Andreas.

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/oncology