Re: Relation between Dotur and Mothur

Hello,

On 03/03/2011 02:14 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> when inspecting the URL which was mentioned as Dotur homepage on our Blends
> pages it said:
>
>    http://schloss.micro.umass.edu/software/dotur.html
>
>    Please use mothur instead, feel free to contact Pat Schloss for more information.
>
> Steffen updated the packaging stuff so there is obviosely some interest.
> Should we explicitely mention on the tasks page that this will never be
> integrated in Debian and you have only private interest or is there some
> wider interest?

I had somewhat blindly followed the install instructions of QIIME and did
not chase up much more of it. I am a bit surprised that it is declared as
completely redundant to mothur. Well, maybe there is some edge to it
somewhere... As long as it is listed as a helping tool to qiime, I think
we can also have it as a task on our pages.

Many greetings

Steffen