Re: Next question for help in Java packaging: beast-mcmc

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 3:49 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> The problem I had is that beast-mcmc contains more than one executables
> with more than one JAR files.  Some executables are using a common JAR
> file with different main classes.  As far as I have seen this case
> is not covered by the tutorial you are quoting here:

I knew I saw that case somewhere: it was the manpage for jh_manifest

usr/share/java/my.jar:
 Class-Path: dep1.jar dep2.jar
 Main-Class: some.awesome.Class
usr/share/java/dep2.jar:
 Class-Path: dep1.jar

> I have it another shot with an updated Debian directory at
>
>  http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/beast-mcmc-help-wanted/
>
> but this ends in
>
>   jh_manifest
> Syntax error in debian/beast-mcmc.manifest (/usr/share/beast-mcmc/beast.jar) - perhaps you are missing a ":"?
> jh_manifest: Unknown line in debian/beast-mcmc.manifest (/usr/share/beast-mcmc/beast.jar),

It looks like you're missing a : after the jar name (e.g
/usr/share/beast-mcmc/beast.jar:)

> So I just got it wrong even if I did not yet handled the case of having
> different executables with one single jar but different main classes.
> Looking again at the docs I wonder whether providing a
> debian/beast-mcmc.classpath file using jh_classpath could be useful
> here.

if you're setting both classpaths and main-classes, it's probably best
to do it all in .manifest

>> Additionally, looking through the debian/rules file, I don't see you
>> declaring jam in the classpath.
>
> Ahhhh, didn't you noticed the string 'jar.jar'? :-) I hoped that it
> would be just this typo (it is still in the rules file of the version I
> linked to above where I tried the jh_manifest approach but is fixed i
>
>   svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/beast-mcmc/trunk/
>
> However, the effect
>
> $ beauti
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jam/framework/MultiDocApplication
>
> remains the same.

I'll look into this one next later (it might take more time)

Regards,
Scott