Re: vienna-rna is almost ready

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 08:59:37AM +0100, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
>> "popt" sounds like an awfully generic name for a binary.
>
> apt-file doesn't show that such name is in use ,  except libpopt which
> is different thing .

Despite the fact that technically we do not have a conflict in name
space I agree with Karsten that it is at least "not nice".  The question
is whether we should simply "wait" until a name space conflict might
happen at some point in time or if we rather should go with a wrapper
(as I talked about in PM with you like in the phylip package) which
somehow works around this problem.  I'm unsure what might be the proper
advise here and will leave the final decision to you - just to make
you aware about the possible future conflict

Kind regards and thanks for your fine work on this package