Re: Please go tagging

Hi,

[public quote -- shouldn't be a problem]

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 09:24:21AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when visiting the imaging task page
>
>    http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging-dev
>
> I see a lot of packages under NeuroImaging maintenance which are
> featuring yellow buttons saying "Go tagging".  Would you consider to
> DebTag those packages in the near future?  If you have reasons to not
> tag these packages because of no properly fitting tags (or whatever) you
> might like to discuss this with DebTags team.

Let me echo this back to the community.

We maintain a list of thing that can be done by newcomers to Debian
(|Med|Science) at OpenHatch. This is the page you get to, when you click
on "I want to help" on http://neuro.debian.net. That page has a number
tasks that all would be valuable contributions and do not have to be
done by Debian maintainers.

If you want to make a valuable contribution, even if you have only a few
minutes to spend -- take a look here:

  https://openhatch.org/+projects/NeuroDebian

(it also has a call for tagging and screenshots now)

Every single of these "one-minute" tasks that is done by a new contributor
adds a minute to the pool of time that can be spent on more demanding tasks
by another contributor.

Thanks,

Michael

--