Packaging mothur for Debian

Hi Patrick,

the Debian Med team would like to package your fine software mothur for
the official Debian distribution to enable biologists a quite easy
installation.  When I downloaded the source of mothur I realised that
there is no license statement contained in the source code itself nor
can I find anything on the web page.  However, to enable us distributing
mothur we need a clear license statement.  It would be really great if
mothur would be shipped under a free License like GPL, BSD or something
like this.  Could you please clarify this issue (which is quite
important in any case even if you ignore the Debian packaging issue).

Moreover there is another minor technical issue.  The Debian
infrastructure provides means to parse websites for new versions of
software.  This somehow relies on version numbers of files.  You
currently are numbering only older versions and the latest version is
simply Mothur.source.zip.  What probably turns out simple for your
maintenance in the wiki blocks us to reliebally notice that a new
version was issued.  So it would be really helpfull if the latest
source tarball filename would contain a version string as well.

Kind regards and thanks for providing this fine software