Re: MediSnap - GPLv3 medical photo system - just released

> > However, to keep things simple in the beginning of the
> > packaging I would concentrate on moving all files right into place first
> > (for instance providing some SQL scripts in /var/lib/medisnap) and
> > describe the procedure how to setup the database in
> debian/README.Debian.
> > Once this is done we might proceede with more advanced techniques while
> > enabling the first testers using the package with manual database setup.
>
> Yes, that's probably the best way to start.
> But why /var/lib/medisnap ?
> I'd have placed the program into /usr/share/medisnap and the
> documentation incl. the script into /usr/share/doc/medisnap
> Is this wrong?

Well, actually, the script ("medisnap-create_db" or similar) should
go in /usr/sbin/ such that root can simply run it from the command
line. Of course, that script can simply be a wrapper around a more
complicated script living in, say, /var/lib/medisnap/database/ or
some such (this is what GNUmed does).

Karsten