RE: Clouds and NG sequencing

On Tue, 20 July 2010 12:03PM, Sri Girish Srinivasa Murthy wrote:
> I am graduate student in Luebeck, where Steffen is also located, and mostly
> working in the (almost) neighbouring Max Planck Institute to study
> Microbioata in Skin and Gut of Mouse. As an Ubuntian I joined Debian Med two
> weeks or so ago and with Steffen I have done some packaging with the help of
> Steffen (denoiser,python-cogent, python-pynast, qiime, mothur), an upload
> only pending the confirmation of upstream that this is ok to redistribute
> from the respective Authors but they somehow seem to be all on vacation.
>
> I have strong interest to learn more about cloud computing and use it for NG
> sequencing and the data analysis. Steffen set up a server for this that I am
> going to share. Whoever on this list feels like discussing along, please drop
> me a quick Hello.

Dear Girish,

I am currently working in a newly setup NGS lab. My work presently to optimize Alignment algorithms(BFAST), for memory usage.
Also working to create a Linux Distro for Bioinformatics, Steffen has given a lot of advise.
I would be interested in knowing about the work you have been doing regarding NGS.

Thanking you,
Prakhar Gaur