Re: cloud image preparation - kind of there

[Switching list from packaging to users as previousely done by Charles]

On Sat, Aug 07, 2010 at 11:16:25PM +0200, Steffen Moeller wrote:
>     http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/LiveCD
>
> What came to mind was that a "med-bio-headless" would be real great to
> have, in analogy to the default-jre-headless, i.e. allowing/supporting
> no graphics. I could prepare that, but would like to have your OK for
> it, first. Also, I thought you'd possibly like to take that as a concept
> for the blends at large and discuss it there, too.
>
> Feedback for the above pages is welcome.... and on the -headless thingy.

Now I understand the motivation for a med-bio-console (I continue to
think that headless is a suboptimal word) a bit better.  However I'm not
very comfortable with separating packages only because of their user
interface.  Here rather comes another potential use case of DebTags into
mind.  I have not yet a suggestion for an immediately applicable
solution but IMHO we should think into this direction.