Re: RM: colt -- RoM, no rdepends

Le Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 10:19:56AM -0700, Shaun Jackman a écrit :

> Should it be uploaded to say experimental, so that in the future if
> somebody needs it again, they won't repackage it from scratch?

Hi Shaun,

the ITP bug of colt shows that it was packaged and uploaded to Debian,
snapshots.debian.org keeps a copy, and the git repository that contains the
source package stays available, not to mention that our discussion is public
and therefore indexed by search engines. I hope that this will be enough to
prevent people from repackaging from scratch.

Java support is evolving a lot in Debian (for the good), and I am sure that the
time we will save by not maintaining this package (even in experimental) will
be well employed, for instance with picard-tools and the igv.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles