Re: Packaging guide Objective-C SWARM at Ubuntu and Debian

Hi Jakson,

thanks for your quick response.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 09:03:28PM -0300, Jakson Alves de Aquino wrote:

> Unfortunately, I don't have backup of my swarm package. I looked at
> old DVDs but I didn't include the libswarm in them.

That does not seem to be a real problem because Scott Christley
<schristley@mac.com> just commited packaging stuff which fits better
to the recent swarm version.

> I'm attaching a
> commented version of the debian/rules that I have sent by email to
> Paul Jonhson who was wanting to make a Debian package of swarm, and,
> below, are some pieces of the email that I have written to him at the
> time. I'm sorry, but that's all that I have.
> The old email:
>
> Swarm is considerably difficult to package. Before being able to create
> the swarm package I have built some simpler packages for myself of
> applications that aren't in Debian repositories.

Thanks for this additional information.  Because thanks to Scott we are
one step further than I've thought I wonder whether you  might have the
e-mail address of Paul Jonhson to let him know that we are also working
on this.  We might perhaps avoid double work and he might join our
effort in SVN.

Kind regards and thanks again for your response