Debian Med Cloud update

Dear all,

some of you will be aware of some ongoing effort of mine, Charles,
and of other outside of Debian Med (still) to prepare bioinformatics
images for cloud environments. I had sent some email about it 6
months ago or so, and can now report that Amazon has donate us
(which is to my Amazon Book-Buying email address) a voucher for
storage and compute time for up to $3500.

I would now like to see some enthusiastic emails about what exactly
we should do with this money, i.e. who is seeing what set of applications
to be collected in an image - well, we could also for an all-in-one solution.
If nothing goes wrong, then I will collect your suggestions and present
it to the Cloud codefest in Boston in early July. My personal plan is to
prepare something rather smallish and play a bit with getData.pl, until
this completes some reasonable smallish workflow and may be accepted as
a publication.

A not so unrelated side-activity is the preparation of Torque for
the cloud. This is the very key to a GSoC project of this year that I
may be mentoring - it looks fine for now.

All this cloud development shall be mirrored at a machine that my
department has just ordered that is running the Amazon-compatible
infrastructure named "Eucalyptus". I'll ask a few of the readers to
share this machine with me, others with some interest may contact me
about it.

Many greetings

Steffen