Re: freeglut and mgltools

Hi Charles,

Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 09:57:12AM +0200, Adam D. Barratt a écrit :
>> Release Goals
>> =============
>>
>> * Removing obsolete GNOME libraries
>>   While there has been quite an improvement compared to previous
>>   releases, we are still ~40 bugs away from achieving this release goal.
>>
>>   Please see http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/RemoveOldLibs
>
> while browsing the RemoveOldLibs wiki page, I followed the link to
> OldPkgRemovals and found the bugs #543698 and #543696 asking
> to depend on freeglut3 instead of glut3. Would there be any reason
> not to do so?

I have not tested it. I am a bit swamped with things and emails (so I
missed those bug reports)  and I expect the trigger by upstream to go
for a new release any time soon, really. Well, admittedly, this is a
bit of an invariant :)

Is this of immediate importance? I'll the reupload later this month.

Many greetings

Steffen