Howto package a eclipse-RCP application for Debian?

Hi

Since almost 10 years I use Debian on my home machines and enjoyed it very
much. Getting tired of being forced to use propiertary OS and programs I will
try to be an independent consultant and developer.

I would like to bring (at least a subset) of a Eclipse RCP application for
general practioners (www.elexis.ch) into Debian, which is listed at
http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/practice as "No know packages
available"

The program is under the Eclipse 1.0 license and available via SVN.

It's dependencies are listed here:
https://elexis.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/elexis/trunk/elexis-developer-
resources/doc/developer.textile

I am at the moment digesting all the info at mentors.debian.org, the debian
policy and willing to invest quite a few hours to get it into Debian.

Can anyone point me to package which has similar characteristics? Is
http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=solr
a good starting point?

Should I use git-svn to get the source code from the repository?

As it needs Eclipse 3.5 I am looking forward for the moment when the announces
packages will arrive in unstable. Or shall I install manually the Ubuntu ones?

Any hint welcome.

Best regards

Niklaus

--