Re: Change InsightToolkit to use Review/Statistics?

Hi,

An update on the Debian ITK packages: version 3.20.0-5 has been
uploaded to experimental, which includes all of Review and uses
WrapITK (Python, Java, and Tcl wrapping).  I'd love feedback on the
installed file layout for the wrapped languages.

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 08:54:36AM -0500, Paul Novotny wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-11-07 at 12:21 -0600, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> > > I am in the middle of packaging 3.20 myself for Ubuntu. I can send you
> > > the sources when I get it working, if you want.
> >
> > Oh!  Is there any reason the Debian and Ubuntu packages couldn't
> > be the same?  Rather than duplicate the work, how about collaborating?
>
> No reason at all. The only reason I created the packages was because
> debian wasn't using WrapITK, which I like. I'll pull the repository and
> start playing with that. I switched to debian about a year ago anyways,
> just maintain the ubuntu packages since there are people that use them.

Paul: I looked at your Ubuntu packages and modified the wrapping
options based on what I saw.  Let me know if I have missed an
important option.

> Also, I created a couple of separate packages:
> python-insighttoolkit-numpy, python-insighttoolkit-vtk, and
> python-insighttoolkit-multithreader. These correspond to the projects in
> Wrapping/WrapITK/ExternalProjects. Very handy python modules that
> connect itk to vtk and itk to numpy. It would be nice to incorporate
> these projects too.

Mmm.  I overlooked these.  Do you want to propose patches? :-)

Thanks,
-Steve