Re: In Nature Biotechnology: whole system snapshot exchange (WSSE).

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 08:36:01AM -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> does anyone know where do they hide software sources? I see just a
> repository of binary packages

As far as I know "local harddisk".  I'm also not sure how they actually
build the binaries.  There are certain methods using tar+ar to get a deb
as result without using dpkg-buildpackage (and friends).  I do not know
all this exactly and thus I'm rather wild guessing but there are some
signs for it.

BTW, there will be a face to face meeting with BioLinux and Debian Med
people in the beginning of next year where this kind of questions will
be hopefully sorted out.