Re: hmmer (3.0, sid)

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 7:02 AM, Steffen Möller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> wrote:
 On 08/27/2010 08:12 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010, Felipe Figueiredo wrote:
>>> I just noted that binaries in hmmer 3.0-1 are located in /bin instead
>>> of /usr/bin. Is this a bug?
> Definitely.  I have fixed this in SVN.  Eric, I also commited your
> upload to SVN (please do so as well in future uploads).  You might
> either upload the fixed version yourself in case you would like to do
> other changes (there is one remaining lintian warning about a formatting
> error in a manpage) or just ping me to do the upload.
Ups, I should have spotted that in our initial packaging. The
sources should have been in the svn repository for long, I possibly
just never ran the svn commit on them. So, thanks for fixing all that.

Eric, I'll address that all tonight while bringing my laptop back in sync
with the repo.

Thanks, Steffen. Sorry for my absence here.

Another thought -- HMMer 3 depends on a library and set of binaries called Easel the same way HMMer 2 depended on Squid/biosquid. At least one of the binaries is generally useful, esl-reformat. Should we extract Easel into a separate package at some point?

-Eric