Betreff: Re: ITP: libjs-extjs -- a cross-browser JavaScript library
Datum: Mittwoch 23 Juni 2010, 19:33:20
Von: "Thomas Goirand" <thomas@gplhost.com>
An:  "Sebastian Hilbert" <sebastian.hilbert@gmx.net>

> Hi,
>
> After reading http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=550031
> and seeing that extjs is now GPL v3 I wonder why it is not in Debian
>
> At least I did not find it. What happened ?
>
> Best regards,
> Sebastian

What happened is that I am still waiting for my Debian accounts
to be created, as I have been approved as being a Debian Developer
at the beginning of the month. If you want me to upload it in
the archive, either:
- push the administrators to add my account
- find me a sponsor for the library upload

I am tired of asking everyone in Debian about it (I spent really
a great deal of energy to become a DD), and now, I'll just wait
that this happens. In the mean while, you can use the package that
I did, it's available here:

http://ftparchive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/lenny/main/l/libjs-extjs/

Note that it's not the very latest version, but I believe that
making a new package would be trivial.

As I see it, it seems it would make sense to package the extjs
library with version numbers, so that more than one version could
stay in the archive, then we could use the /etc/alternatives
system to have a default. What do you think of this? Do you also
need a specific release? This is an important point for me...

Best Regards,

-