Re: [Debian-med-packaging] Policy: git configuration

Le Wed, May 05, 2010 at 10:37:29AM -0700, Shaun Jackman a écrit :
Le Sun, May 30, 2010 at 10:56:18AM -0700, Shaun Jackman a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm a git newbie, and I stumbled around a bit before I found this git
> configuration gem:
> git config branch.master.remote origin
> git config branch.master.merge refs/heads/master

Hi Shaun,

sorry for not having answered you earlier. I was puzzled why I did not run in
the problem. I think that the reason is that after I make my initial push to
Alioth, I immediately replace the original repository by a clone from Alioth to
doublecheck if it is functional. And later I simply use debcheckout. In these
cases, the git configuration is automagic.

I will try to add a paragraph that summarises both approaches.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles