Re: TreeTime: Bayesian sampling of phylogenetic trees from molecular data

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:38:07AM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Some people brought my attention on the following package:
>
> http://treetime.linhi.com/

Thanks for the hint.  Are these people willing to provide an interesting
long description which tells the interested user a bit more about this
program.  The web page only provides step-by-step guidance what to do
with some nexus input files.

It would be interesting to know what actually are nexus files, how these
will be obtained in the first place and the method how they will be turned
into phylogenetic trees.

> It looks fairly easy to package...

To be honest, that's true for several packages but we need to more
reasons what makes this software more wanted than other projects on our
todo list.  So I have added it to our prospective package list.  I'm now
waiting for reasons to put this package on our "most wanted package
list" at

   http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMedTodo

Kind regards and thanks for the hint in any case

       Andreas.

-- http://fam-tille.de