Re: FreeDiams: RPATH problem solved, upstream install target disturbs symlinks

Hi Eric,

if you think it it is an upstream (MedinTux?) problem I would report
this to upstream because it is IMHO clearly a bug which should be fixed.
Giving this kind of hints to upstream is an important part of the work
as a maintainer of a Debian package.  It makes software better and
finally it saves your own time once it is fixed.

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 11:16:14AM +0200, Eric MAEKER wrote:
> Excuse me I don't really know how to create a patch...
>
> In libs/medintuxutils/medintux.pri
> Comment line 5 --> #!win32:VERSION   = $${PACKAGE_VERSION}
>
> In buildspecs/install.pri replace line 85 with
> applibs.files = $${BUILD_LIB_PATH}/*.1.$${LIB_EXTENSION}
>
> App will work fine without the symlinks. We don't need these links 'till
> these libs are private to FreeDiams.

I will try to have a look.  Creating a patch using quilt is cheap, but
I would try to conserve / restore the symlinks.

Question: If you say it is an "upstream" problem, do you want me to say
that FreeDiams includes copies of code from MedinTux?  If I understood
this corretly we should keep this in mind in case we try to package
MedinTux which is definitely an interesting thing to do (I wished
somebody would take the time to do this).  In this case we should
clearly split both projects.